Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A picture of Logos 6

So this shows something I really like about Logos. The default Layout allows you to quickly fire off a search. In my case here I was thinking about Micah 6:8.

So I searched for "He has shown you", thus showing that most of my Bible memorization was some variant of the KJV (or NKJV) and off we went. Obviously based on the returns of the search we see that it didn't search for the exact phrase. You can get a lot more refined by putting the search string in quotes, but I will admit that sometimes shows some unexpected results as well.  In this case, since one of the Bibles that my package gets included the Apocrypha I got Tobit 13:4.  IN any case, I was looking for Micah 6:8 , which popped up in the list. The 1995 edition of the NASB is my default Bible so it picked it first in the grid. The other two windows  are the NASB95 version of Micah 6 (including verse 8) and the Text Comparison Tool, which nicely layout out the various version I have selected for use in that tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment