Sunday, November 2, 2014

So this morning at Church the sermon was on Leviticus 26. The joys of going to a "reformed" church, the Pastor often covers passages you wouldn't expect in a modern church. The title of the sermon was "Promises and Punishment", because Leviticus 26 is a nice summary of the entire book.  The sermon was good, but reminded me of another passage, which cut me to the quick.

2nd Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.


I know it may seem a bit far afield to get from that portion of Leviticus to 2nd Chronicles, but truth be told it really isn't. It cut me to the quick because I see how little I often Humble myself and pray, and sadly I'm thinking that that isn't just a struggle I have. And if there are more like me, who are Christian, but all too often are not humbling ourselves and praying for the healing of our land, then are we not at least in part cause for this time in which we live?

No comments:

Post a Comment