Thursday, November 6, 2014

Testing the Logitech K811 Keyboard.

So while I am talking about the Word of God on this blog, I must confess I'm more than a little bit of a nerd. Ok A lot of a Nerd. My B.S. is in Computer Science, and I'm a sucker for new technology. I'm a mostly Mac person as well.

So anyway, I picked up a Logitech K811 keyboard some time ago. I picked it up primarily because it is a Bluetooth keyboard meaning no wires, and the fact that it is backlit. I'm dealing with collateral damage to my eye sue to undiagnosed Diabetes, and while I have it managed now through diet and exercise, and the work of the Holy Spirit, it means a backlit keyboard is a veritable Godsend.

So I wanted to speak a little on the product. It is a standard chicklet type of keys. It has a very small footprint as well. For point of comparisons the Keyboard is only slightly larger, as in just a few mm, than the Apple wireless keyboard. The keys are black, and with white lettering and a white LED backlight. The backlighting is very nice indeed, if I turn out the lights , I can see the keys but they are not obnoxiously so.  It has multiple levels of backlighting, that can be controlled via the F8 and F9 keys. Even the brightest light is not too bright, but still bright enough to outdo any glare by a monitor.

There is however a huge extra bonus for this keyboard, namely the ability to manage multiple devices. Essentially you can have up to 3 different devices using this keyboard. I can easily switch between my Macbook Pro, iPad, and Apple TV, and switch back.

I should note that this keyboard layout is purely an Apple layout. In fact it mimics the layout of the Macbook Pro keyboard.

Key response is great, truth be told I haven't seen any ghosting, meaning you could even play games with it , I've tested even a First Person shooter, and it works good. This also comes with a rechargeable battery, and a micro USB to USB cable to recharge it. This works quite well, and holds a charge for quite a while.

So if you have an Apple computer and want a great backlit keyboard, this is a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment